Night of Scenes

Theatrical life is visible throughout all of Philadelphia, and with that heavily influencing schools (as well as local neighborhoods), many students have the opportunity to participate in shows multiple the schools in the surrounding area. St. Joseph's Preparatory School held their 7th Annual "Night of Scenes" in February, and some of our own Hallahan students had the opportunity to take part!

Anne Doyle, Contributor

Saint Joe’s Prep held its Seventh Annual Night of Scenes the first weekend in February.  Night of Scenes was created by the former president of the prep so that more people could have the opportunity to have the full Prep experience. Night of Scenes consists of a bunch of different comedic skits performed by prep students and girls from different high schools and is directed by cape and sword alums. Each scene is different from the last- some are original skits and others are from Saturday Night Live, as well as some musical numbers.

My scene was called “A Slice of Life” and it was about a guy growing up with eight sisters who needed to find a story for a school project and hoped having a big family would help him- but it was quite the opposite.

Being a part of Night of Scenes was one of the best experiences that I have had. It helped me get out of my comfort zone and because of it I was able to meet new people that I would not have known before.