My Trip to Peru

Seraphina DiSalvo, Author

I recently traveled (again) to one of my favorite places in the world, Peru. This was my third time going- my first time was in 2005, my second in 2015 and my recent trip was only a few months ago. Although I only traveled there three times, I feel as I have connected with it like no other country. Everything from the people, the food and of course my family makes it perfect. Peru is rich in culture, diversity and food- not to mention the exquisite beauty of Machu Picchu, the Nazca Lines and Paracas, which would easily capture the attention of any world traveler.

In my most recent trip, I stayed in Lima and went to Paracas for an overnight stay. I would highly recommend going to Paracas if you love aquatic scenery and visit the ‘Islas Ballestras’ as well as the ‘National Reserves’. It is extremely easy to travel to Paracas, as Peru has easily accessible transportation and is only a three hour drive with breathtaking scenery along the way. My hotel recommendation is the ‘Hotel Paracas: Luxury Collection Resort’ as it is one of the most magical places. If you are backpacking, there are multiple hostels, not just in Paracas, but all over Peru.

Most of my stay I resided in Lima, the capital of Peru. Lima is extremely beautiful and has so many wonderful places to visit throughout the city. Some I recommend going to are: Huaca Pucllana, Museo del oro (the Gold Musuem), Museo Lacro,  and MATE Museo Mario Testino.  Lima has many different districts (the one I stay in is Miraflores) that are just exquisite, like San Isidro and Barranco. I am very grateful that I am lucky enough to visit Peru and I will continue to travel with an open mind. Peru is truly a remarkable place that hopefully you too will be able to experience one day.