Holiday Charities

Back to Article
Back to Article

Holiday Charities

Melanie Dubenko, Editor in Chief

With the holidays approaching, we spend so much time focused on what to get our family and friends that we forget about those who don’t have anyone to think about them. I’ve put together a list of charities that allow you to give back to those who are alone during the holidays. Many charities don’t ask for much, maybe something as simple as writing a card to someone, so please try to find one to inspire you to help.

1.  ALTERNATIVE GIFTS INTERNATIONAL: The global mission of AGI is to send authentic, life-giving gifts to a needy world – gifts that build a partnership with people in crisis and that protect and preserve the earth’s endangered environment.
  2. ANGEL TREE:Angel Tree is a ministry of Prison Fellowship, delivering love in the form of Christmas gifts and a message of hope to children of prisoners.
  3. CHRISTMAS WISH PROGRAM: Christmas Wish Program, Inc. is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers and donations. CWP is designed that way to let the public share in the joy of giving and the opportunity to help build a brighter future for local children.
  4. CHRISTMAS CARD AID:Card Aid provides a unique service to charities and the general public to ensure that the profits from charity Christmas cards go to charity.
  5. CHRISTMAS SPIRIT FOUNDATION: Help needy children and families in the United States during the holiday season, and promote environmental stewardship throughout the year.
  6. HOLIDAY PROJECT: The Holiday Project’s mission is to enrich the experience of the holidays by arranging visits to people confined to nursing homes, hospitals and other institutions.
  7. MAKE A WISH: Make this holiday season special by helping a child’s dream come true. Make a Wish’s unique holiday donation options will help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
  8. MY TWO FRONT TEETH:My Two Front Teeth offers a personalized online gift-giving experience to aid underprivileged children. These children are selected through community organizations and allowed to individually pick their own holiday wish.
  9. PLAN COMMUNITY OF CHILDREN: Give a gift to the people of Africa this Christmas and help reduce the devastating effects of HIV/AIDS.
  10. SAMARITANS PURSE: Operation Christmas Child: This is a unique project of Samaritan’s Purse that enables caring people to share God’s love with hurting girls and boys in the far corners of the globe. Take an ordinary shoe box, fill it with toys and other presents, and you have an extraordinary gift for a child in need of joy and hope.
  11. TOYS FOR TOTS: Donate a new toy or give a donation to help make Christmas a little brighter for a needy child in your community.